15 Black Forest Day Trips
The term Natural Wellness includes interesting, attractive and advantageous things you can experience as a guest at the campsite Müllerwiese.
So let the unspoiled nature work on you, so peace and quiet breaks the cycle of stress and hectic.
As a guest at Enzklösterle you can pursue your interests in nature, education, culture and entertainment or you can do something for your health, such as walking in healthy climate.
The holiday resort Enzklösterle in October
With us you have much time for each other. You will make trips and visit natural attractions.
Experience your senses in a picturesque landscape, learn something special through easy access to information and see nature with new eyes.
We offer 15 day trips inluding information on routes, nature and culture.
15 day trips including map to download in *.pdf-format
Hiking tour no 1: deer valley (Hirschtal) at Enzklösterle
Enzklösterle Day (Tour 1). Hiking tour (6 km) through the village. Start at our campsite, walk to the spa gardens an visit the "Kneipp"-water-pool and the barefoot path - then take the Kirchweg to Gernsbacher Steige and further up to the romantic path along the Schneckenkopf, down to the red deer park - walk up the path from the forest climbing garden to the Erdbeerplatte (strawberry place) - after a little rest with scenic view go down to the Enz valley to the historic building "Russhütte" (soot hut) - follow the Bergweg along the wood for 500 m, turn left and take the narrow path to the river Rohnbach, behind the bridge turn to left again and follow the Rohnbachstrasse to the left hand side, cross the bridge over the river Enz, turn left and follow the Enzpromenade back to campsite Müllerwiese. Distance covered 6,6 km; course 2 hours; elevation 160 m. See, print and download GPS-track in www.outdooractive.com
Toboggan run at Enzklösterle-Poppeltal (1,5 km long)
Experience Day (Tour 2). A thrilling slide down a giant toboggan run or a visit of the minipark for children at Enzklösterle-Poppeltal (5 km from campsite Müllerwiese, reachable by public bus for free), a test of your balance in the Forest Climbing Garden (Hirschtal 500 m) as well as a game of adventure mini-golf (500 m) will be an experience.
Enzvalley Bike Trail Day (Tour 3). Cycling in healthy climate: On the Enztalradweg (Enzvalley Bike Trail) from Enzklösterle to Neuenbürg (32 km + way back 12 km) - relaxing in the open air swimming pool at Neuenbürg - return to Bad Wildbad Kurpark by the Enzvalley train - cycle back along the river Enz. Description of the route: Starting point camping Müllerwiese, follow the well marked Enzvalley Bike Trail on an absolutely beautiful path along a slope and through a coniferous forest to Bad Wildbad, pass the 5-valley-place Calmbach and reach the idyllic village Höfen (Guesthouse Ochsen offers the biggest Black Forest gateau you can get around), go on to Neuenbürg (beautiful historic centre and castle). The open air swimming pool of Neuenbürg (phone 07082-2550) is right next to the Enztalradweg. GPS-Track download: Enzvalley Bike Trail Day (Tour 3) in .gpx-format (set cursor on the link - press right mouse key - save as ...)
Reservoir of the river Nagold with playing and swimming area (18 km)
- Family Day (Tour 4). Have a close experience with nature in the barefoot park (BarfussPark) Dornstetten-Hallwangen (30 km). Later on enjoy the clear cool water or just relax at the shores of the big reservoir Nagoldtalsperre at Seewald-Erzgrube (18 km). On your way back to the campsite at Enzklösterle the nature and experience path (Natur & Erlebnispfad Seewald) at Besenfeld is worth to be visitet (starting nearby the town sign of Besenfeld, direction Freundenstadt). Along the distance of 8 km you'll find informations on 17 boards about animals, plants and the natural environment in the northern Black Forest. On 44 signs "Felix, the fox of Seewald" will ask you tricky questions.
The open air swimming pool at Reichental (15 km)
- Swimmingpool Day (Tour 5). Sun, water and pure nature. Enjoy the scenic view to the picturesque landscape of the Murg valley in the most beautiful situated open air swimming pool at Reichental (15 km). The idyllic little village as well invites you to go for a little walk. Not more than 12 km away from Reichental you'll find the "pearl of the Murg valley", Gernsbach, with medieval centre.
View of Baden-Baden and the Rhine valley, 40 km from Camping Müllerwiese
- Shopping and Enjoyment Day (Tour 6). Strolling, shopping and enjoyment in the shine of the Belle Epoque: that's what you could do when you are visiting Baden-Baden. To feel the magic of the Black Forest city in an unconventional way, enjoy a guided city tour by coach (Info at Kur & Tourismus GmbH, phone 07221-275281). If you haven't enough money (or if you have too much) try your luck at the world-famous Casino.
- Middle Ages Day (Tour 7). Walking the historic mile ("historische Meile") in the medieval town of Altensteig and visiting the old castle will be a cultural experience. Afterwards the open air swimming pool at Altensteig is a good place for relaxing and refreshing (Jahnstr. 13/1, near Jahn-stadion, open daily in summer).
On the "Kaiser-Wilhelm"-Tower: northern Black Forest mountains
- Nature Day (Tour 8). Take the public bus (free of charge) from Camping Müllerwiese to Kaltenbronn Nature Park Information Centre ("Infozentrum Kaltenbronn") and visit the exhibition, that invites you to be interactive: touch, feel, hear and get amazed of nature. The hotel-restaurant Sarbacher on the opposite side attracts you with culinary delights. Afterwards take one of the well signposted hiking trails down to Enzklösterle and don't miss the "Kaiser-Wilhelm-Turm" (Hohloh-Tower) with marvelous view to the Rhine valley and over the Black Forest. On your way back the "Viereichenhütte" (four oaks hut, no services) invites you to have a pause. GPS-Track to download: Nature day Kaltenbronn - Enzklösterle (Tour 8) in .gpx-format (set cursor on the link - press right mouse key - save as ...)
Rainy Weather Day(s): All destinations reachable by bus or train (free of charge).
- Alpirsbach (40 km - Tour 9). Visit "900 years stone made history" and a place of calm and peace, the former Benedictine Monastery Alpirsbach with museum. Visiters may join the guided tour through the brewery museum of Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu. Meeting point is the info centre of the brewery. The visiters will get a general idea of traditional, technical skill of beer brewing (Markt-platz 1, phone 07444-67149). The Alpirsbacher glass blowing invites you to watch an impressive spectacle, how to create perfect formed objects out of red-hot glass drops, (Krähenbadstr. 3, phone 07444-6009).
Medieval monastery in Alpirsbach (11th Century), 40 km from the campsite
- Freudenstadt (25 km - Tour 10). See, be amazed, understand: Visit the ExperienceMuseum EXPERIMENTA, a museum for interaction, to join in and to try out, a museum for the whole family (Musbacher Str. 5, near Marktplatz, phone 07441-892923). Germanys biggest enclosed market place invites you for a walk under its arcades or to take a hot drink and maybe a delicious Black Forest gateau in one of the cafés. You don't mind a rainy day while relaxing at the Panoramabad. Young as well as older people will enjoy this in- and outdoor swimming pool: diving platforms, big water slide, open air pool, wellness area and sauna (Ludwig-Jahn-Str. 60, phone 07441-921300).
- Pforzheim (38 km - Tour 11): Use your guestcard for riding by bus from the campsite Müllerwiese to Bad Wildbad and further on by train to Pforzheim central station (free of charge). A good place to go is the exhibition "Schmuckwelten" with events for children (a 10 - 15 minute walk from central station, Westliche-Karl-Friedrichstr. 56, phone 07231-994444 ). Good entertainment is watching a movie at the cinema rex-Filmpalast (Bahnhostr. 30, phone 07231-137030).
- Neuenbürg (25 km - Tour 12): This city is the centre of an ancient Black Forest mining industry area, "where the celtic people already lived" and where they mined iron ore and smelted it to iron. At the visitors mine "Frischglück" you might enjoy a trip into the darkness of earth (at the road between Neuenbürg and Waldrennachach/ Schömberg, phone 07082-792860). When you're back out of the darkness don't miss the castle Neuenbürg on the top of the rock (exhibition, café, program of events, phone 07082-792860).
Nature reserve Bärlochkar - the jungle of tomorrow
- Primeval Forest Day (Tour 13). Through the primeval forest to the Enzvalley trouts: start at campsite Müllerwiese, walk along the Enzpromenade, Rohnbachstr. and Petersmühlenweg and get to the primeval forest of "Bärlochkar" (2 km; also reachable by car, car park available). While hiking the 3 km long, signposted trail through Bärlochkar you'll read a lot interesting informations about the Black Forest and its ice-age cirque. Feel your senses in this natural countryside. In the neighbourhood of Bärlochkar you'll find the Forellenhof (trout farm) Petersmühle. Don't miss the fresh grilled fish with home made potato salad (June - Oct. Thurs. + Sun. 11am - 3pm , phone 07085-7431). GPS-Track to download: Primeval Forest Day (Tour 13) in .gpx-format (set cursor on the link - press right mouse key - save as ...)
Nature reserve sphagnum bog Wildseemoor nearby Kaltenbronn, 8 km from the campsite
- Hiking Day (Tour 14). Feel the inspiration of an unparalleled countryside while visiting the sphagnum bog around Kaltenbronn. Go by public bus (free of charge) or by your own car from campsite Müllerwiese to Kaltenbronn. Start from the car park for hikers and take the circuit no.1, the "Grünhüttenrundweg" (green hut circuit) (8,5 km), pass the nature reserve "Wildseemoor" (wild lake moor) and follow the signposted "Mittelweg" (middle path) to Grünhütte. Enjoy a comfortable rest in this cosy hut where Black Forest food and drinks are offered. On your way back follow the circuit no. 1 to the right (Oberer Hornweg) until you reach Kaltenbronn again. If you can't get enough: A very nice trip is to walk the circuit no. 4, the "Hohlohrundweg" (3,4 km), that leads you to the wild, romantic lake Hohloh and to the Hohloh tower (altitute 1000 m, don't miss the scenic view!). GPS-Track to download: Hiking day Wildsee - Grünhütte (Tour 14) in .gpx-format (set cursor on the link - press right mouse key - save as ...)
- Wellness Day (Tour 15). For your health and well-being: A walk through the beautiful spa gardens of Bad Wildbad (12 km, reachable by bus, free of charge) along the river Enz should end with a visit of the spa bath Palais Thermal (with oriental charm) or the Vital Therme. Let the wellness day end with a good meal in a restaurant.
Palais Thermal at Bad Wildbad (12 km)
Map "15 daytrips in the northern Black Forest"
15 day trips including map to download in *.pdf-format
1 / 2019
Imprint / Data protection